- Clean Air Act
- Clean Water Act (Federal Water Pollution Control Act)
- Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act
- Endangered Species Act
- Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act
- Federal Insecticide, Fungicide and Rodenticide Act
- National Environmental Policy Act
- Oil Pollution Act of 1990
- Pollution Prevention Act
- Resource Conservation and Recovery Act
- Safe Drinking Water Act
- Toxic Substances Control Act
There are many different websites where you can read about the latest developments regarding environmental laws and environmental compliance. What is really important is to understand their importance. Good environmental management is something that this world desperately needs and quality environmental law should ensure this. However economic development is sometimes something completely different and threatens our environment. This is where environmental compliance should show its real face.
On international level, especially in poor countries of the third world, there's very little talk about environmental law and environmental compliance, and this is one thing that should really change. There is not only problem in creating environmental law but what is even more important to make it work, both in poor and rich countries. Why? Because economy and environment often do not get along.